These delicious flapjacks won’t disappoint, they are soft and chewy with a delicious banana and sweet toffee flavour and also pack in nearly 10g protein per serve! They use basic ingredients and are really simple to make! So why not give them a try! Perfect for an afternoon snack with a coffee or serve warm with a spoonful of ice cream for that late night treat!
The recipe is also adaptable to suit a vegan diet- please see notes.
- 330g banana, mashed
- 150g almond butter
- 30g coconut oil, softened
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 60g honey
- 2 sachets toffee whey box
- 180g jumbo oats
- In a large bowl mix the mashed banana, almond butter, coconut oil, salt, cinnamon and honey until fully combined.
- Add in the protein powder and oats and mix until just combined.
- Spoon into a lined 20×20 brownie tin.
- Bake for 20mins at 180ºC fan until golden brown.
- Allow to cool fully in tin before removing and cutting into slices.
- Highly recommend you use jumbo oats and not porridge oats! Porridge oats will affect the overall texture of the bars.
- To make vegan substitute the toffee whey for the salted caramel no whey box and use a vegan friendly liquid sweetener like maple syrup or date syrup.
- Best stored in the fridge to keep the moisture and it makes them more flapjack like.